Wednesday, March 31, 2010

and I move

The lie: Just two more steps and you'll be there.

Except that my shoes have inconveniently been stapled to the floor. So it becomes a chasing something without being able to move my feet... or any other bit of me. It's a fixating on what I want, being able to smell it cooking, being able to hear the rustling in the bushes... while life happens right where I am and I miss it. Am I making sense? I allow myself to dream and wish and beg for what I want... without living where I am.

So I sing praises to the One who is faithful to open my eyes to the lies. And I am moved. I move in love, in response to His love.

Just two more steps and you'll be there. Nope. I'm here. And He is here with me. Waking me up and making me live.
Oh, I am so in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment